Friday 5 May 2017

Counselling, Clay and Chakras

Some 'c' words!  

Finally, I've carved out some time to pursue some asides.

A good chunk of my week is currently devoted to 3 purposefully chosen 'c' words.

Counselling ~ an introductory course to Counselling Skills that certainly won't qualify me to practice but will help me to determine if counselling could appeal as a new career path.  It's positively challenging, pushing my self-awareness beyond that provoked by recent experiences & past events, & promising to enhance my personal skills at the very least.

Clay ~ possibly the ideal antidote to an intensive evening of Counselling Skills, I spend the following morning potting with clay.  On this course I get to be creative (or at least try to be), revisiting an 'old love', indulging in the process of making, ridiculously excited about being given a piece of clay to practice with at home!

Chakras ~ then, after indulging in being creative my self-pampering steps up a gear with some restorative yoga.   Proper 'me' time with a spot of mindfulness & meditation.  I've yet to work out my Chakras, if I'm being honest, but I'm sure that will come with practice!

So, all in all, feeling properly chilled (and self-indulgent)!

In a few weeks I'm sure I'll be calm personified, hopefully with a clear idea of what to pursue next ... the idea of a retreat combining all 3 (a suggestion made in jest by a very dear old friend) sounding like a quite brilliant idea after all ... autistic friendly, of course!

I have missed this though ... but, for now, homework calls!

Hoping to be back very soon.



via Pinterest (original source unknown)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will respond as appropriate as soon as I'm able. Offensive comments will be removed in the interests of maintaining a safe environment for other visitors. Thank you.