Sunday 8 September 2019

(Ab)normal service is resumed

I know my last post 
was ludicrously long, demanding significant endurance capability. 
I vow never to write another so lengthy.

I stand by the content.
It's sound, in my experience.
I even have more I could add (& secretly want to).

There are learnings & insights
as with most things in life.  Not only about the writing but about the predominant subject matter of this blog!

On the approach, 
the subject was just too large to tackle in one go, for which I apologise.

And, as previously, rather than pick from the ever growing list of posts to write, I will wait for the list ~ for life ~ to decide the next priority & inspire the next post.  The best & easiest posts for me were those that rose to the top of the pile naturally ... organically ... so that's how I'll proceed.

The group thing seems to have withered & passed.
I don't have a great track record with groups generally, I'm realising (an autistic cross to bear arising from our communication differences).  This was a good idea.  But those groups that do persist, I guess, must do so for good reason ... so I should apply the same logic to those groups that don't fly & try to ignore the simmering self-deprecation & self-doubt.  

On the content, I could have edited more but, to be honest, because the approach was not ideal, I'd already spent far too long getting to the point of publishing to spend any more time reducing it down to a more digestible size.  At least there's lots of content collated ~ all in one place ~ on the one topic!

On being autistic, this post beautifully illustrates the time it can take to complete tasks as we offload everything we know before filtering, editing & reducing to achieve a more sensible, acceptable, "normal" sized knowledge download.  In this instance, the latter part of the process didn't happen ~ regrettably but deliberately so.

It takes me back to exams ... always asking for more paper as I brain dumped everything I could about a subject that the allotted time allowed.

Reflections complete, I won't waste our time like this again.

I hope I haven't scared you away & that you'll give me the chance to be true to my word.

Thank you for your patience & understanding & a doubly double thank you to those who responded ~ you're legends to me.

xxx

Bahrain Race Circuit | Andreas Gursky phototrend.fr


2 comments:

  1. I am very familiar with 'brain dumps' and they're not always quite as interesting as your last post �� Still, I think you're right to try to filter the content - or at least to share it out over several posts - it would be a shame to lose people halfway through to other distractions when there is such a lot of useful information to be had in there.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, again! It’s a plan :) ... I may revisit at some point ... break it down & re-serve in bite size chunks!! Thanks for being there xx

      Delete

I welcome your comments and will respond as appropriate as soon as I'm able. Offensive comments will be removed in the interests of maintaining a safe environment for other visitors. Thank you.