Wednesday 28 September 2016

An Armour On Day

An Armour On Day was nearly the name of my blog.  It sums up the bad days when you have to ready yourself for battle, with yourself, with (or for) your children, with family, with school, with strangers.  But I wanted this blog to be more than just about autism & I certainly wanted this blog to be more than just about the bad days.  Because, while autism throws up very unexpected challenges ~ & demands a different type of parenting ~ it also offers magic & sparkles.

For the bad days, though, & even in making the good days good, this quote resonates ... I have acquired patience beyond belief & have discovered the value in making & taking time ... & I mean real, drawn out time ... to listen, to prepare, to plan, to do ... with patience & time by my side my armour is lighter & my battles more easily won.


"The two most powerful warriors are
 patience & time."

~ Leo Tolstoy 




Lovely Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will respond as appropriate as soon as I'm able. Offensive comments will be removed in the interests of maintaining a safe environment for other visitors. Thank you.